Once Upon A Child Whitby is looking for a Sales Associate to join their team.
*Exhibit appropriate selling and buying behaviors. Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
*Become familiar with products, brands, and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
*Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customer to return to the store to buy, sell, or trade and promote image of the store concept.
*Price and ticket items based on pricing and buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. *Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
*Develop proficiency in operating computerized Point of Sale (POS) and sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
*Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
*Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate.
* Ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work well as a team member, accept constructive feedback, and follow directions.
* Must be able to work well under pressure and quickly adapt to a constant changing retail environment
* Must be available for some or all of the following shifts: 9am - 5pm, 1-8 pm, 10-6 pm, evenings and week-ends.
* Advancement Opportunities
* Small team environment
* Fun, fast-paced working environment
* Generous Employee Discount
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, we’d love to meet you.At Once Upon A Child, we offer:
Print and fill out our Job Application and bring it to the Once Upon A Child nearest you. Check out our store locator for local websites and contact information.
You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print the application. Please print out the application and fill out by hand as Acrobat doesn't allow you to edit documents online.